10th Grade Month At A Glance (MAAG) Goals - September:
- 10th grade year is one of the more rigorous of high school with many of you taking 5+ difficult academic courses. This requires organization, planning and studying. Start that habit early instead of having to play catch up later.
- Use RTI.
- Ask questions and ask for help.
College & Career Goals:
- First BIG year of your college resume (they all matter but this one really starts to matter). Keep those grades up and work hard!
- Start thinking about what you may want in a college or career experience. Write things down, keep notes and be inquisitive.
- Visit our college reps that come see us each fall. You may have never heard of the school, but visit the table any way and learn about it. It may be your PERFECT school and you never knew it.
Social & Emotional Goals:
- Get involved in your school spirit. Join the fun in at the rally, create a welcome environment and help others feel welcome here. It makes coming to school each day a little more fun.
- Take your parent(s) out on a "date". You may not get along with your parents or think they are all that interesting - but you have 2-3 short years left at home (which you may rejoice at), but a lot of times - students look back and wish they would have worked more on their relationship with their parents in high school. It is not too late.
Parenting Tips & Opportunities of the Month:
- You've almost made it! 10th grade into 11th grade tends to be when we see students "grow up". They start to be a little more focused, responsible and dedicated. Stick with it this year and I bet you will see a change.
- Learn what you can do to stay involved in their schooling. Join the PTO, join the Counseling Advisory Team, attend sporting events, volunteer in the library - stay in the know here at NTHS.