10th Grade Month At A Glance (MAAG) Goals - November:
- Study in advance of finals, to save yourself undue pressure and stress. Cramming is the least effective way to learn material. Quizzing yourself regularly is one of the most effective strategies for learning.
- Seek help directly from teachers if you don’t understand assignments or are struggling in class
- Complete all major projects prior to the 23rd, so Thanksgiving can be a relaxing break with family.
- Watch the weekly announcements!
College & Career Goals:
- Set a goal of achieving excellent attendance. Attendance positively correlates to academic success.
- Think about the type of learning and social environment that you may want to work or attend school in. Does a large school of 20,000+ students sound fun or scary? What kind of activities may you want to participate in during college or in a work environment?
Social & Emotional Goals:
- Set aside time over the Thanksgiving Break to enjoy family and friends.
- Take a long hike with a friend, or your dog. Consider meditating in a quiet spot.
Parenting Tips & Opportunities of the Month:
- If you are travelling during the holiday break and your student is missing any work - travel time is a good opportunity to get things caught up.