10th Grade Month At A Glance (MAAG) Goals - December:
- Study in advance of finals, to save yourself undue pressure and stress. Cramming is the least effective way to learn material. Quizzing yourself regularly is one of the most effective strategies for learning.
- Seek help directly from teachers if you don’t understand assignments or are struggling in class
- Do you have missing work? Make sure you have the things you need before leaving for the break to get caught up and start January strong!
- Watch the weekly announcements!
College & Career Goals:
- Set a goal of achieving excellent attendance. Attendance positively correlates to academic success.
- If you are traveling this break - stop by a college close by and check it out.
Social & Emotional Goals:
- Take a long hike with a friend, or your dog. Consider meditating in a quiet spot.
Parenting Tips & Opportunities of the Month:
- If you are traveling during the holiday break and your student is missing any work - travel time is a good opportunity to get things caught up.