11th Grade Month At A Glance (MAAG) Goals - December:
- Seek help directly from teachers if you don’t understand assignments or are struggling in class. The more you talk with teachers, the better your relationship will be.
- Study in advance of finals, to save yourself undue pressure and stress. Cramming is the least effective way to learn material. Quizzing yourself regularly is one of the most effective strategies for learning.
- Do you have missing work? Make sure you have the things you need before leaving for the break to get caught up and start January strong!
College & Career Goals:
- Find 1 or 2 colleges or schools that may not be on your radar right now and do a little research.
Social & Emotional Goals:
- Set aside time over the Thanksgiving Break to enjoy family and friends.
- Take a long hike with a friend, or your dog. Consider meditating in a quiet spot.
Parenting Tips & Opportunities of the Month:
- If you are heading out of town - check and see if your student has any work to make up. Travel times are often great opportunities to get work done in the car or plane.
- Connect with your child over the holiday break - learn something that is new for them.