11th Grade Month At A Glance (MAAG) Goals - September:
- Start the year out strong. Commit to the 1 to 2 and set aside time to study at home.
- This may be the first year of an AP course for you. If you will take the AP exam - the entire year is your study session. Learn to retain that information by practicing the whole year.
- Attend your classes every day and on time. Attendance has a huge impact on your performance in school.
College & Career Goals:
- Attend the Junior Fall Info Session (or watch the recording on YouTube).
- Log in to Naviance and use the SuperMatch College Search or Career Tab to research 1 to 2 potential options for your post-secondary plan and add them to your College/Career list in Naviance.
Social & Emotional Goals:
- The start of the year is a great time to meet someone new. Introduce yourself to an underclassman, new teacher or someone you don't know. Having more friends is typically never a bad thing!
- Get involved in a club or sport on campus. A great way to blow off steam, connect with supportive teammates or friends and get exercise. Joining a sport typically doesn't require being excellent at that sport.
Parenting Tips & Opportunities of the Month:
- Plan a fall college visit or career shadow with your student. Going and visiting a school is the best way to qualify or disqualify it from their college list.
- Help your student set up their environment at home to be conducive to learning. Find a study spot that is free of distractions.
- Ensure they know your expectations with the car - many students will start driving this year and feel that they are the next Jeff Gordon. Starting the school year is a good time to review expectations, consequences and more.