Month At A Glance (MAAG) Goals - September:
- Review your transcripts and community service progress. We check but please double check our checking to ensure a smooth end of the year experience and no unexpected surprises.
- Don't let the temptation to slack in senior year cause you to fall behind in your classes early on. College and careers look for all year performance - even senior year.
- Senior attendance tends to be the worst in the school each year. Yes, you are a senior but you also are an example to others. Set a good one.
College & Career Goals:
- Set your Post Secondary Plan (PSP) meeting with Ream starting this month!
- Attend or watch the Senior Fall Workshop for important info on college, career and HS expectations and steps.
- Applying to College? You must add all of your colleges to your I Am Applying To list in Naviance by the end of week 2 of school.
- Need a recommendation? Complete the senior profile so we can help out with that and be sure to give teachers and staff plenty of time to complete it.
Social & Emotional Goals:
- You are the big dogs now. That means being respectful, responsible and setting a strong example and legacy for the younger students to follow. Say hi to a new freshman, sit with them at lunch or invite them to join your basketball game at lunch.
- Plan a little down time during the week to take care of yourself. This fall will be the busiest of your life so far so plan ahead to be successful.
Parenting Tips & Opportunities of the Month:
- This is the last year for this child in HS. Celebrate it but also relish the experience. This will also be one of the more stressful years for you. Set aside time to spend with your senior while you still have them at home.
- Remember that you are the coach - not the player. Do not step in where it is not your place, but you can encourage, guide and help structure.