Month At A Glance (MAAG) Goals - November:
- Seek assistance from teachers if you are unclear about assignments, upcoming exams, due dates, etc.
- Study in advance of finals, to save yourself undue pressure and stress. Cramming is the least effective way to learn material. Quizzing yourself regularly is one of the most effective strategies for learning. Make an appointment w/ Ream if you want some help on optimizing your study time!
- Complete all major projects prior to the 23rd, so Thanksgiving can be a relaxing break with family.
- Watch the weekly announcements!
College & Career Goals:
- Set your Post Secondary Plan (PSP) meeting with Ream starting this month!
- Watch the Senior Fall Workshop for important info on college, career and HS expectations and steps PLUS the recently recorded Financial Aid Workshop.
- There is a FAFSA step by step walkthrough that I recorded on YouTube to help if you are getting stuck on your FAFSA.
- Complete your UC/CSU applications before Thanksgiving Break.
- Write THANK YOU NOTES to the people who wrote your Letters of Recommendation for College.
Social & Emotional Goals:
- Set aside time over the Thanksgiving Break to enjoy family and friends.
- Take a long hike with a friend, or your dog. Consider meditating in a quiet spot.
- Learn to bake a pie. It’s more relaxing and fun than you think. Even if you make a mess, it tastes good!
Parenting Tips & Opportunities of the Month:
- Encourage (don't nag) your senior to make steady progress through the year - avoiding putting things off.
- Have your tax information handy for when students ask you to help them with their FAFSA or CA Dream Act.