9th Grade Month At A Glance (MAAG) Goals - September:
- Set your own personal goals for success in academics & personal life. Write them down and share them with parents, teachers & counselor.
- Plan out your daily schedule so you have time to complete homework, enjoy family time and get to sleep early.
College & Career Goals:
- Set a goal of achieving excellent attendance. Positive attendance leads to academic success.
Social & Emotional Goals:
- Jump into school activities! Join a club or a sport. Buy in to Link Crew and connect!
- Don't be afraid to ask for help. Teachers and staff are REALLY smart and REALLY want to help. Mindreading is not on the list of our superpowers though.
Parenting Tips & Opportunities of the Month:
- Connect with your school counselor - Lisa Dulberg. Join us for school events like parent workshops, back to school nights, etc. They are a wealth of information.
- Set up Phone Boundaries for your student. For example: No phones at dinner, Phones off at 9 pm.
- Your student may have a lot of issues around the Transition to High School. Listen to them, but instead of offering an immediate solution (being a "snow plow parent"), ask them what they feel they can do to deal with the issue. Let them know you are there for them, but that you have confidence in their ability to reflect and come up with some good ideas to move forward.