9th Grade Month At A Glance (MAAG) Goals - November:
- Study in advance of finals, to save yourself undue pressure and stress. Cramming is the least effective way to learn material. Quizzing yourself regularly is one of the most effective strategies for learning.
- Seek help directly from teachers if you don’t understand assignments or are struggling in class.
- Ask your Crew Leader for advice on how to get more organized, balance your time, and prepare for success. They are pros at it.
- Complete all major projects prior to the 23rd, so Thanksgiving can be a relaxing break with family.
College & Career Goals:
- Set a goal of achieving excellent attendance. Attendance positively correlates to academic success.
Social & Emotional Goals:
- Set aside time over the Thanksgiving Break to enjoy family and friends
- Take a long hike with a friend, or your dog. Consider meditating in a quiet spot.
Parenting Tips & Opportunities of the Month:
- Holiday travel can be a good opportunity to get caught up on any missing work. Be sure your student has the things they need to get a few things done over the break.
- It's time to set up your 9th Grade ILP (Individual Learning Plan) meeting with Ms. Dulberg. Please use this link to book your meeting!